It is the soul that matters

Friday, February 24, 2006

Are ghosts really there????????

‘Ghost Stories of Shimla Hills by Minakshi Choudhary’. Just read some ghost incidents in Shimla as narrated by local residents and visitors there. A churail walking right besides you, an eerie feeling occurring without any reason, you see some figure in the 1st second that disappears in the 2nd, hear some conversations but you don’t see anyone there, some strange looking person calling out your name …..so many more. Do all these things actually happen? Have what the people narrated, their real experiences, their imaginations or is it simply made up? But on second thoughts, why will they make up such stories? Maybe for its sheer excitement. No one knows and I am one of those 'no one'.

Even I can narrate one such story. Although it is a very lame one compared to others’ experiences. I was 9-10 years old then and was located in Delhi. We (my family) had to go to an aunt’s place for mata ki chauki. For people who don’t know, its full night kirtan and pooja of Goddess Durga. It was held in a big tent put up on an open ground which was at a distance of two minutes from my aunt’s house. By 2-3am I was feeling very sleepy, as expected. I decided to go to my aunt’s place to catch up with some sleep. I walked down the empty, dark and deserted lane with my cousin. While going, I heard some chham chham of anklets. I was surprised to hear it at 2am coz no one else had left the chauki. It was only me and I obviously hadn’t expected anyone, especially a girl walking there in the middle of the night. The sound was coming from somewhere very close but I didn’t see anyone in front of or behind us. I wasn’t scared but surprised. They say na ‘Innocence is a bliss’. I hadn’t heard any such stories of ghosts or churails before. But not that I didn’t know about them. My cousin told me that a churail walks in those lanes every night. I do not know how much of this is true. Was my elder cousin just trying to scare and make fun of her younger cousin? I don’t know.

Posted by Nats :: Friday, February 24, 2006 :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------